Mansfield Balloon Flight
Operated by "Goldrush Ballooning"
Live the romance and adventure of a hot-air balloon flight in the Victorian High Country over the Mansfield district at dawn, and experience a glorious sense of freedom and adventure. The mountain views once aloft, come to life in dramatic 3D with the early morning light.
Mansfield is nestled in the foothills of the Great Dividing Range, an area well-known for its stunning scenery. You can expect to see across to Mt Buller and down to reaches of Lake Eildon from the air.
We meet before first light to allow us to fly in the perfect conditions around sunrise. Our expert crew will provide you with informative details throughout, and invite you to be involved in the inflation and deflation process if you wish.
There is a short drive to the launch field, where it takes about thirty minutes to inflate your balloon, and once ready you'll be invited to climb aboard. We give a full passenger safety briefing before take-off and the experience is safe, friendly and professional. The ground crew follows and meets the balloon at it's landing. At the landing, the balloon is quickly packed, and your crew will drive you back to the meeting point in Mansfield. The complete activity lasts between 3 and 4 hours and is suitable for ages 7 to 97.
After the flight we top off your experience with an optional breakfast back at Mansfield Coffee Merchant, a local institution deliciously up with the best cafes Melbourne has to offer. Coffee Merchant's breakfast is simply delicious.
The Goldrush Ballooning Mansfield Flight Experience includes:
- Easy parking at our meeting point in Mansfield
- Transfers in our 4WD Sprinter to the launch site, and return from the landing
- A full passenger safety briefing before take-off
- Spectacular one hour** sunrise balloon flight across the Victorian High Country
- In-flight photography during the flight, to prove you were there!
- Hosting by our expert team who keep you informed throughout
- Breakfast at Mansfield Coffee Merchant - optional and highly recommended.
On the morning of your flight, we meet at Mansfield Coffee Merchant, 23 Highett Street, Mansfield, Victoria 3722, just up from the Delatite Hotel. The meeting time varies with the season and is usually around 45 minutes before first light. We also require you to call our Duty Pilot the night before your flight to confirm final arrangements. All these details will be sent to you in your Flight Booking confirmation email.
Important Ticket Details
- You will receive a e-voucher via email which will be checked
- Vouchers are non refundable.
- Purchasing a ticket guarantees flight